ace rental cars - cairns airport car hire companies
ace rental cars depot information
Ace Rental Cars Rental Terms for travel between 01-Jun-2017 and 31-Dec-2019
Ace Rental Cars Terms & Conditions AU
These Agent Terms and Conditions are issued April 2018 and are valid for all new reservations & rental
agreements from this date.
Ace Rental Cars reserves the right with notice to update Terms and Conditions at such times where amendments
1) RENTAL COLLECTION
ACE Australia is located ‘off airport’ and on the outskirts of city perimeters. A courtesy shuttle is provided at selected locations for collection and return from/to airport.
For Airport Pick Ups:
Once Customers have collected luggage and cleared customs they should call Ace Rental Cars for shuttle collection.
Phone Number Details
Australia 1 800 62 04 08 or +61 3 9222 2595.
International +613 9339 7200
2) RATES INCLUSIONS
ACE Rental Cars rates are issued in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are available at all participating locations.
- Unlimited Kilometers *
- * Rentals from Darwin have 250 Kilometers per day included
- Goods and Service (Tax (GST) at 10%
- Standard Accident Damage Excess (ADE)
- 24 Hour mechanical Roadside Assistance
- Reduced Excess Options
- Young Driver Fee
- Credit Card Surcharge
- One Way Fees
- Out of Hours Fees
- Optional extras including Tolls
3) ADDITIONAL FEES
Any additional fees not included in the Rates are payable on vehicle collection and include:
CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE
A credit card surcharge applies on credit card transactions, details as follows:
- Visa/Mastercard/Union Pay 1.35% inclusive GST
- American Express/Diners Card 2.97% inclusive GST
YOUNG DRIVER FEE
Renters aged between 18-21 Years are required to pay a Young Renter Fee of $7.50 (AUD) per day inclusive of GST.
4) RENTAL CONDITIONS
All rental agreements are subject to the Ace Car Rental Standard Rental Terms & Conditions issued when
the vehicle is collected. A copy of the Terms and Conditions is available on request or can be found online
A Rental Day consists of a consecutive 24 hours.
On return, a grace period of 59 minutes is allowed, after which the customer will be liable for an
extra days hire at the current applicable daily rate.
No refunds will be given on unused days if the vehicle is returned early.
A Minimum Hire period may apply on One Way rentals. Further information can be found in Section 7 ONE
Flight numbers and arrival times are required for all reservations with an airport pick up,
Rental extensions are allowed and will be charged to the customer/renter direct at the applicable daily rate
A security bond to cover for incidentals is required for all rental agreements.
ACE accepts Debit and Credit Cards for security on the rental vehicle
Cash is not accepted for Security bond.
The security bond is released if vehicle is returned undamaged & with a full tank of petrol, unless FPO (Fuel
Purchase Option) is purchased.
Further detail is found in section 6. RENTAL PROTECTION OPTIONS.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
ACE Rental Cars Australia accepts Debit & Credit Cards, EFTPOS, American Express, Diners, Union Pay or
Cash as a method of payment for the rental and any additional extras. Cheques are not accepted.
5) AUTHORISED DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
All Reservations should be made in the name of the Authorised Driver/Main Renter.
MINIMUM DRIVER AGE
Minimum renter age is 18 years old. A Young Renter Fee will apply to all renters aged 18-21 Years
No maximum age limit providing the client presents a valid and full license.
Any person driving the vehicle must be 18 years of age or over and must hold and present a current
drivers license that:
- is in English or, if not in English, is accompanied by a certified English translation;
- is valid for driving the vehicle;
- is not a learner’s or restricted permit
- the driver has held their license for at least twelve consecutive months
OUT OF HOURS RENTALS
All out of hours reservations must be pre-arranged and confirmed in advance by Ace Rentalcars.
In order to accept an out of hours booking, the following information must be provided prior to the day of rental
- Renters Driver License Details
- Renters Full Residential Address
- Renters Payment Information – Full credit card details required
ACE are unable to process the rental for collection without this information being provided.
6) RENTAL PROTECTION OPTIONS
A Standard Accident Damage Excess is included in the rates and in the event of an accident, an Excess Liability
will be charged.
Excess Liability can be reduced through purchasing additional Rental Protection Options as outlined below.
Rental Protection Options also reduce the Bond required at time of rental collection.
|Includes||Excess Liability||Bond $AUD||Cost per Day $AUD|
|Standard Cover||Multi-Vehicle damage covered||$3,500||$750||Included|
|ACE Excess Reduction||Reduced Excess Liability in event of an accident||$1,500||$500||$19.00|
|ACE PLUS||Zero Excess Liability in event of an accident, Glass & Tyre Cover, Hail Cover, Additional Driver||$0||$100||$24.00|
All Rental Protection Options are available locally and are payable direct at each location.
If you purchased excess waiver insurance or similar from a third party to cover your liability to Ace, you remain liable for payment to us irrespective of whether you obtain reimbursement from your insurer.
7) ONE WAY RENTALS
One Way rentals are permitted on Ace Rental Cars and are dynamically priced dependent on vehicle
availability, demand and movement.
All One Way Fees will be passed back through the XML/API/WEB System Link and include GST.
All One Way Fees are paid direct to the branch on commencement of rental
8) PROHIBITED USES
If the Prohibited Use has caused, or contributed to, loss or damage to the vehicle, the renter will be liable to Ace
Rentalcars for that loss or damage up to the full value of the vehicle and related losses and fees including 3rd
party damage as explained in the 'Damage and Loss’ section of the Ace Rentalcars Standard Terms &
Conditions which is issued at time of rental.
We may terminate the Agreement and take the vehicle back at any time at your expense.
Prohibited Uses of a vehicle are:
- you or your passengers act/acted recklessly or with deliberate intent to cause loss or damage to the vehicle including, but not limited to, where:
- the driver caused the vehicle to roll, tip or fall over and this has caused damage to the side and/or
roof area of the vehicle;
- the driver caused undercarriage damage to the vehicle;
- you or your passengers sit or stand on the roof of the vehicle;
- driving and manoeuvring the vehicle which results in damage occurring above the windscreen line
to the front, rear or side of the vehicle including but not limited to damage striking overhead or
overhanging objects (such as trees and bridges) or driving into a barrier in a car park before it fully opens; or
- the driver drove the vehicle with a flat tyre, ignored a warning light, put the wrong fuel in the vehicle or loses the keys.
- driving the vehicle while under the influence of any drug, substance or intoxicating liquor to the extent that
driver's ability to control the vehicle is impaired or where the driver’s blood level of any drug or alcohol is
over the applicable State or Territory legal limit. If a person refuses or fails to provide a breath, blood or
other sample when lawfully required to do so by police or as required by law, the driver is deemed to be
over the legal limit;
- smoking in the vehicle or failing to keep the vehicle clean and returning it in an excessively dirty or smelly
- fitting of objects to the interior or exterior of the vehicle not authorised by Ace;
- the driver fails to take reasonable precautions to safeguard the vehicle such as leaving windows open or
keys in vehicle, or failing to use the anti-theft system (if provided);
- the vehicle is used for committing an illegal or unlawful act (other than a traffic offence which does not
automatically result in loss of a drivers’ licence in the applicable State or Territory);
- the use of the vehicle by a person who was not authorised by Ace as the main or additional driver or did not
meet the driver requirements in the Agreement;
- the vehicle is used on a racetrack or for racing or undertaking reliability trials, rallies or other contests;
- the vehicle is sub-rented, transferred or sold;
- the vehicle is used to carry passengers (e.g. as a taxi or car sharing arrangement) unless Ace consents in
writing, or to carry cargo, for hire, reward or remuneration;
- the vehicle is used for hauling any goods incorrectly or inappropriately loaded or for the haulage of which
the vehicle was not designed (including any hazardous materials, such as any gases or substances which
may form explosive mixtures); or
- the vehicle is used for towing a trailer or any other vehicle, unless the vehicle has a towbar fitted by Ace,
in which case you have permission from Ace to tow a trailer provided the weight and dimensions of the
item being towed do not exceed the specified capacity of the vehicle (refer to the vehicle capacity guide in
the following link www.acerentalcars.com.au/vehiclecapacity.
- the vehicle is overloaded with passengers and/or baggage;
- the vehicle is driven on a beach or through a flooded road or otherwise through a body of water (including
but not limited to a pothole, ditch or riverbed), or natural disaster which could be avoided including fire,
storm or cyclone;
- the vehicle is driven in restricted areas, including airport service roads and associated areas, or on a road
notified to you as prohibited by Ace or off-road (eg on fire trails, tracks, fields or paddocks) (unless
specified in writing by Ace);
- the vehicle is driven in the following areas and the vehicle is not a 4WD:
- on unsealed roads (except for roads under repair, access roads to recognised camping or
accommodation grounds (, details can be found at www.acecarrental.com.au/chargesexplained or
unless specified in writing by Ace));
- in the Simpson Desert, on the Strzelecki Track and the Birdsville Track;
- in Western Australia on the Tanami Track, Gunbarrel Hwy, Gibb River Road and the Bungle Bungles;
- in Northern Territory on the Oodnadatta Track, the Plenty Highway, Finke Road (between Alice
Springs and Oodnadatta), Central Arnhem Road and Arnhem Land in general;
- in Queensland on Bourke Development Road from Chillagoe to Normanton, Cape York during the months from December to May inclusive, Savannah Way from Normanton to Borroloola and the Bloomfield Track;
- any other such location or region reasonably specified by Ace to you as an area or region which is
- the vehicle is driven in any of the following areas at any time:
- in Western Australia on the Canning Stock Route and the Old Gunbarrel Hwy;
- in Northern Territory at the Lost City in Litchfield Park;
- in Queensland on the Old Telegraph Track section of the road to Cape York, Boggy Hole (Finke
Gorge National Park), the Old South Road from Maryvale to Finke and Fraser Island at any time;
- Alpine Regions:
- the vehicle must not be driven in the snow without the permission of Ace.
- confirm with Ace if the vehicle can be driven to the snow.
- You must fit snow chains as required, ensure plastic hub caps are removed prior to fitting snow chains.
Remember to tighten chains after 50m to avoid damage to the rims and to put the hub caps back on the
vehicle after removing the chains.
- travel to Alpine Regions is covered by the accident damage excess included in your rental rate.
9) OPTIONAL EXTRAS
All Optional Extras must be requested at the time of reservation. Ace Car Rentals cannot
guarantee availability of these items if not pre-booked.
All Optional Extras Fees are to be paid locally at time of rental.
All children are required by Australian Law to travel in child vehicle restraints up to and including the
age of 7 Years.
- AUD 45.00 per rental
*Please note ACE is unable to provide rear facing infant seats/capsules.
GPS Navigation System
These are subject to availability at time of pick up
-AUD 10.00 Inclusive of GST (Uncapped)
Additional drivers may be included and covered under the terms of the Rental Agreement
provided they present a current Driver License at the commencement of the hire.
-AUD 15.00 Inclusive of GST (per rental per Driver)
You may purchase Toll Cover to pre-pay a flat daily rate for your toll charges incurred during your rental.
If you do not opt for Toll Cover, any toll charges you incur during the rental are on charged plus a Processing
Fee. The applicable toll charges are processed 28 days after the rental has closed.
Glass & Tyre Cover
Additional cover for Windscreens and Tyres may be purchased locally
10) FLEET AVAILABILITY AND CONFIRMATION
All ACE Reservations will be confirmed subject to general availability at the time of reservation.
Reservations can be made in the following way
Direct Connect XML/API Link
Ace Rentalcars offers partners direct connect XML/API capability allowing mutual systems to connect
allowing for instant availability and reservation confirmation.
Note – A reservation is NOT confirmed unless you have a confirmation number from ACE.
11) CANCELLATIONS & NO SHOWS
Cancellations are permitted up 24hrs prior to arrival with no cancellation fee. Deposit is non refundable.
Ace Rental Cars will reserve the right to charge an Admin Fee equivalent to a 1 Day Rental Fee for any cancellations within 24hrs of pick up and NO SHOW bookings.
12) ACE RENTAL CAR CONTACTS
RESERVATIONS: Email: email@example.com
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
13) ACE LOCATION INFORMATION
Ace Locations may close on Christmas Day 25th December, please enquire at time of reservation.
Ace Australian rental locations may offer a courtesy bus for Pick up and Drop Off services.
When renters arrive at the airport they should clear customs and collect baggage, then contact Ace on 1800
62 04 08 or +61 3 9222 2595.
Each location will have a different pick up point. Please refer to individual location instructions.
Vehicles must be returned to the ACE location where a Courtesy Shuttle Service operates back to the airport
or local accommodation.
ACE recommends customers allow 30 minutes prior to check in time at the airport for return of the vehicle and
transfer to the airport.
After Hours Drop Offs
Customers wishing to return cars outside of office hours may do so only if pre-arranged.
ACE recommends customers allow 30 minutes prior to check in time at the airport for return of the vehicle
and transfer to the airport
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.